28.6.11

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken AKA Bag of Puke

I missed last week's pantry meal, but it turns out that my crock pot go-to is also my pantry meal go-to. So, here we go.
My kids call this Bag of Puke when we have it because I once took it in a gallon sized freezer bag to a friend's house and said to her, "I know this looks like a bag of puke, but it's my kids' favorite meal."
I randomly found this a couple years ago when I was searching for meals I could make ahead and freeze, and it was an instant hit that I've shared with lots and lots of other families. So, it goes without saying now that you can make this ahead and freeze it, right?
Rather than type it out, I'm just going to give you the link. You'll notice it is a very popular recipe, and I promise it is better to eat than to look at. You can leave the chicken big, cut into chunks, shred it, eat it over rice, in tortillas, or make it your own!

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-chicken-w-black-beans-and-cream-cheese-yum-89204

p.s. I don't actually own a crockpot. I make this in a heavy pot on the stove top over med/low heat with the lid on. Works like a charm, and dinner is done in under an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment